Land Art 2018Gravity Glue: The Stone Balance Meditations of Michael Grab
Land Art, also known as Earth Art or Environmental Art, is art that is created in nature and composed primarily of the natural elements available at hand. The 2018 edition of the Land Art wall calendar presents the work of stone balance artist Michael Grab. Gravity is the only "glue" that holds Grab's precarious stone structures in equilibrium. His rock balancing is a meditative practice that flows with passion and patience. Achieving a challenging balance requires contemplation of both mental and physical elements in real time — the now. Encountering his creations inspires a sense of peace and magic — a feeling that anything is possible.
- 12" x 12" wall calendar (12" x 24" open).
- Showcases exceptional photographs of inspired earth art installations created entirely of materials found in nature.
- The perfect gift for anyone who loves Andy Goldsworthy, Martin Hill, Nils-Udo, land art, and the earth art movement.
- Frameable artbook-quality printing.
- Printed on paper sourced from a combination of sustainably managed forests and recycled materials.
- This calendar features US and Canadian legal holidays, phases of the moon, and important observances of the world's major religions.