Dalai Lama ICT 2020 Wall CalendarGlimpses Into a Life of Wisdom
His Holiness the Dalai Lama was born in Tibet in 1935. He was forced to flee the Chinese occupation of his homeland in 1959 at the age of 24. The year 2019 marks 60 years since he began his new life as a refugee in Dharamsala, a small hill town in northern India. In the past six decades, the Dalai Lama has worked for the welfare of the Tibetan people while also evolving into an international statesman and a moral leader. Now retired from his Tibetan political leadership, the Dalai Lama devotes himself to promoting human values and religious harmony while continuing to draw attention to the rich Tibetan Buddhist cultural heritage, which he feels has much to contribute to the development of world civilization.
- 12" x 12" wall calendar (12" x 24" open).
- Your purchase of this calendar provides funds for ICT to further its work to promote the human rights and democratic freedoms for the people of Tibet.
- Features twelve photographs by the renowned Indian photographer Raghu Rai, who has closely followed His Holiness’s life.
- The perfect inspirational art gift for those interested in Tibet and the preservation of the Tibetan culture.
- High-quality printing on premium paper stock.
- Printed on paper sourced from a combination of sustainably managed forests and recycled materials.
- Features US and Canadian legal holidays, phases of the moon, and important observances of the world's major religions.
- We Plant Trees — Amber Lotus Publishing, an independent carbon-negative US company, has planted more than three quarters of a million trees since 2008.
Founded in 1988, the International Campaign for Tibet (ICT) works to promote human rights and democratic freedoms for the people of Tibet. ICT is a nonprofit membership organization with offices in Washington, DC; Amsterdam; Berlin; Brussels; London; and Australia, in partnership with the Australia Tibet Council.