Zen Buddhism and a modern take on East Asian woodblock prints are perfectly paired in the Now and Zen wall calendar. With their unique perspective and geometric forms, Ray Morimura's breathtaking depictions of Japanese landscapes draw us into a magical world of tranquil gardens, extraordinary temples, and quiet villages. Together with the wise words of contemporary Zen masters, Morimura's stirring prints convey a sense of eternal peace and harmony.
- 12" x 12" wall calendar (12" x 24" open).
- A year of serene meditative artwork on your wall.
- Features inspirational words from contemporary Zen masters such as Alan W. Watts, Thich Nhat Hanh, and Charlotte Joko Beck.
- Be organized and inspired throughout the year.
- Includes US and Canadian legal holidays, phases of the moon, and important observances of the world's major religions.
- High-quality printing on premium paper stock.
- Printed on paper sourced from a combination of recycled materials and wood harvested from socially and environmentally sustainable forests.
- WE PLANT TREES — Amber Lotus Publishing, an independent carbon-negative US company, has planted MORE THAN ONE MILLION trees since 2008 to offset our carbon footprint and resource usage.
Tokyo-born artist Ray Morimura is one of the foremost woodblock printers of his generation. His stunning woodblock and linocut prints juxtapose traditional scenes and subjects and modern techniques. Morimura's work has been exhibited in Tokyo, Seattle, Kanagawa, and New York, and at the CWAJ Print Show in Tokyo since 1990.